Become an Educator
Educators earn an income by providing care in their own homes for small groups of children and are supported by the Coordination Unit. The Coordination Unit assists families and Educators with the placement of children, provides training and resources to Educators, and information to families who use the service.
Alice Springs Family Day Care is always seeking interest from people who are creative, energetic and want to be part of a professional childcare team. Pre-service training is provided, along with ongoing professional development and support.
If you have a desire to run your own business from home and are seeking a personal and professional challenge, this could be the career choice for you.
We require Educators who can provide either full – time care, part-time care, shift work, evenings and weekends. Those interested will need the following prerequisites:
- Maturity and life experience are essential attributes, therefore it is essential that applicants be at least 21 years.
- You, and all persons 18 years and over residing in your home, must pass a National Criminal History Check and an Ochre Card Check
- You will need a First Aid Certificate — HLTAID004
- A mobile phone is essential.
- Your outdoor play area will need to be securely fenced.
- Your home will need to undergo a home safety inspection.
- We will provide you with pre-service training (Educator Induction).
- You will be required to purchase public liability insurance.
- You will need to have some smoke alarms, a fire extinguisher, and a first aid kit in your home.
All these expenses are tax-deductible, and the cost will be recouped quite quickly once you start caring.
How to get started
Please contact us on (08) 8952 3406 or email: email@example.com to arrange an interview and to ask any questions you may have.
Find out more about running your own Business from Home and click the link below: