Code Of Conduct
In relation to children we will:
- Act in the best interests of the children.
- Create and maintain a safe, healthy environment which encourages growth and development as well as enjoyment.
- Recognize children as competent learners and active participants in their environment.
- Treat children with respect and encourage individual strengths.
- Build positive relationships with children in order for them to feel safe, secure and supported.
In relation to families we will:
- Recognize that families are a child’s first teacher.
- Develop partnerships with families based on honesty, support and respect.
- Respect and support cultural practices and individual parenting choices.
- Maintain confidentiality and families right to privacy.
- Maintain professionalism.
In relation to colleagues we will:
- Build collaborative relationships based on respect, support and honesty.
- Acknowledge, welcome and support individual strengths, experiences and diversity.
- Collaborate in order to share and build on individual knowledge, resources and ideas.
- Act ethically and respectfully.
- Maintain professionalism and confidentiality in line with the scheme’s policies, procedures and legislation.